Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Meet Maura!

 Maura Cluthe is someone I've looked up to for a long time.  
She gave Kellie Bloxsom and I the best advice on our career (see here), 
and besides that, I'm just a huge fan.



1. Name, Astrology sign, and location please. 
My name is Maura Cluthe, I am an Aries and I live in Kansas City, Missouri. Hi!


2. What are you currently working on? 
I am currently finishing up some paintings for a show that opens at the end of the month, working on some wooden robots, and working on a body of work for a show next year. 



3. Who are your favorite artists? 
Gosh - there are so many! Some of my favorite artists (in no particular order) are: Jean Michel Basquiat, Picasso, Bjork, Ed Emberley, Mary Blair, Chamo, Betsy Walton, Raymond Lemstra, Jenny Holzer, Souther Salazar, Calef Brown, Dave Warnke, Margaret Kilgallen, Colin Johnson, Robert Hardgrave......the list could go on!  



4. What's the best advice you ever received about your career choice? 
BE YOURSELF 



5. Favorite place(s) in your city? 
The River Market Antique Mall, The Uptown (seen so many great bands there!), Murray's Ice Cream, Kaleidoscope, Nelson Atkins Museum, Loose Park, The Toy & Miniature Museum, and the new Sea Life Aquarium....to name a few! 

6. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? And while we're at it, what about a different era? 
Probably London. Hmmm, not sure about the era....maybe 1940s? 



7. What do you usually mindlessly doodle? (do you have a picture of this?) 
Many of the things that I draw within my sketchbook are often the beginning of something, even if I don't know it at the time. There are definitely things that I tend to draw...but I'm not sure if I'd call them mindless. Doodles are valuable to me and important because they allow me to explore. Many of the things I find myself drawing are faces, robots and patterns. 

8. First website you peruse of the day? 
Instagram & Pinterest

 

9. What's the worst movie you've ever seen, but secretly love? 
Grease. 

10. Any pets? Any kids? 
My husband and I have 1 dog, Lucy, and 1 cat, Luna. They are our children :)

Thank you Maura!!
You can find Maura here and here

No comments:

Post a Comment